Real-time Dynamic Telemetry Simulation Appliance
The TelSim™ all-in-one Telemetry simulation environment is designed to solve your mission simulation, telemetry ground systems testing, and training needs in a turnkey package. It can be configured for anything from simple pattern generation to interactive modeling or real-time automated control sequences. TelSim™ provides dynamic real-time telemetry simulation using automated reactive control via simple user interaction.
Operations and test organizations can enhance personnel and systems readiness without impacting availability of operational assets, accommodating a full range of realistic nominal and non- nominal mission scenarios. The TelSim™ provides real-time generation of complex serial data streamer, including IRG 106 compliant telemetry. It’s capable of fully independent operation that can be plugged-in to any telemetry ground station as a headless server, or with a fully interactive multi-user graphical user interface.
- Fully integrated simulation environment that can model the continuous or discrete time behavior of any external system.
- Dynamic data is commutated into a telemetry transmission stream in real-time
- Mission scenarios are easy to define and organize.
- Simple user-friendly operation makes TelSim™ ideal for supporting all phases of testing and training.
- Ground systems test/ verification
- Interactive operations crew training (nominal & non-nominal dynamics)
- End-to-end mission simulations and dress rehearsals
The TelSim™ modeling engine allows a systems engineer to quickly create interactive models using a point and click GUI or high level scripting language. A programming library is also available that supports the integration of 3rd party models.
TelSim™ enables simulations to be scalable in fidelity so they can operate stand alone, or integrated with other models to create large-scale mission simulations. TelSim™ also supports telemetry acquisition, processing, and recording for mission playback and replay of post decom data with simulation models.
- Real-time IRIG 106 telemetry simulation appliance capable of fully independent operation that can be plugged into any telemetry ground station.
- Supports simultaneous telemetry acquisition, processing and recording for missions playback and replay of post decom data with simulation models.
- Modular software architecture decouples telemetry– processing details from simulation environment.
- Built on top of generic real-time command and control middle ware that includes service for data processing, visualization, archived, data reduction and analysis, and network centric operation.
- Configuration and telemetry description managed using validation XML. Can exchange format data with any database scheme.
- Real-time and user configurable variable time engine.
- Simulation modules: measurements (sensors/data
- Built-in simulation waveforms modules
- Waveform module control: sample rate, amplitude, offset, period, bias, delay, etc. are configurable.
- Simulation module operation: create update, query, delete.
- Command module: evaluates a procedure, script, or function upon command receipt.
- Event module: initiated by a synch trigger or condition: time, commands, or other groups behaviors.
- External time sync or internal simulation time generation.
- Open interface for integration of MATLAB and other third party analysis tools.
- User defined modules: based on TcL, C, or C++ returns a simulated value based on user defined algorithm
- Delimited modules: allows non-linear data or previously recorded data to be played from a file (ideal for TSPI simulation)
- Raw Playback of recorded data
- Simulation Development Environment
- Accepts all IRG 106-09 PCM code types
- Bit Synch programmable input rates from 1 bps to 33 Mbps
- Less than 1 dB to theoretical bit sync BER performance
- All IRIG 106-09 code types are selectable for PCM output
- Supports PCM streams from 1 bps up to 33 Mbps
- Supports up to 1024 minor frames per major frame
IRIG Time Code Reader
- Supports IRIG A, B, G & NASA-36
- Programmable PCM streams from 1 bps up to 33 Mbps
- Frame Sync Archive playback capability
- Selectable output code type
- TTL and RS422 output capability